- In: Rules & Regulations
- Last Updated on 14 June 2012
- By Admin
- Hits: 1235
Please be aware of the Event Rules and the KCBS Rules & Regulations.
- Applications for the 2nd annual National BBQ Cup will be taken on a first-paid basis through November 1, 2012 with space limited to the first 144 pro teams and 50 backyard teams.
- Teams will be provided with the space, water and electric you indicate and pay for on your application. Your trailer will not be 40 feet long when you leave your house and shrink on the way here to fit in a 20 foot space. If you are not sure, measure it. We will not make space changes on site due to your omission of actual needs.
- Set-up will begin at 1 p.m. Wednesday, November 14th & must be completely set up by 4 p.m. on Friday, November 16th, 2012 (unless other arrangements are made in advance) Winners will be announced at 5 p.m. Saturday, November 17th & teams are asked to remain on site until gates close at 6 p.m. We think you will want to stay even later once you see what we have planned.
* We encourage Thursday set up. Your site will be available from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m on Thursday.
- All golf carts or recreational vehicles are prohibited from riding on the grass. All operators of golf carts or recreational vehicles must be 16 years of age or older.
- Teams may park only one vehicle in cook site as long as it fits completely in your cook site, all other vehicles must be parked in parking lot. We will run shuttles for cook teams to get to and from their cars.
- Teams are encouraged to take part in our People's Choices on Friday and Saturday. All the categories can be cooked prior to showing up but must be re heated to a minimum of 165 degrees for 15 seconds and held at a minimum of 140 degrees. All cold items must be held at 41 degrees or below. This is a great chance to be a true BBQ ambassador and interact with the public and spread the love of BBQ.
- People's Choice participating teams must provide their own table, product and man power to hand out samples (Volunteers may be available to help). We will provide a disposable chafing dish, sterno and sign indicating you are taking part in the people's choice. You do not have to use anything we provide and should feel free to make this as much fun as you want.
- Patrons will have a Hand Stamp to indicate they are taking part and will have tickets to vote for the food they like the best. They can sample any of the two categories on Friday and the one on Saturday, from 1 or all participants and then cast their votes for the ones they like the best.
- We will provide a container for you to keep your tickets in. We will pick up tickets for Friday's votes at 9p.m. and for Saturday's votes at 4p.m. Friday's categories are duel prize money opportunities as you not only can win people's choice but the ancillary contest as well (We will provide the standard 9" x 9" Styrofoam container but you do not have to use it.)
- We will provide 2 pork butts to each of the teams taking part in Saturday's people's choice; we will provide a minimum of 10 pounds of wings for each team taking part in the wing category on Friday. We ask that if you are taking part in the Brunswick stew that you prepare a minimum of 4 gallons for the public.
- We would like you to keep in mind the People's Choice is a big part of making an event a success in the eyes of the public. People's Choice categories are for all pro and backyard teams. While cash prizes will be awarded, this portion of the event is intended to be a fun, casual time for sponsors, judges and the general public to interact with team members. Please be sure to indicate on your team application if you are taking part in any of the three people's choice categories. Attendees come to events like The National BBQ Cup to try championship quality food. If you bring more than the supplied 2 pork butts or 10 pounds of wings, you do have the opportunity to get more votes than the team that just does the bare minimum. We had over 12k people through the gates last year and had an amazing people's choice turn out.